We are more than just a fintech company and we’re looking for someone who wants more than just a job. The work you’ll do will require you to be intellectually curious, and a clear but passionate thinker, capable of strategic planning, managing complexity, rolling up your sleeves and getting into the detail if and when required. You’ll work closely with our regional Capability partners, in-country teams and key group stakeholders.
As Operations / Business Support Manager you will be accountable for the leadership & development of the JUMO Business Support team, ensuring a highly effective, scalable and efficient function that is able to achieve the Group Business Support mandate and enable & support a global business to deliver its goals. You will be based in Cape Town and will report to the Head of Capability Expertise and Operations.
If you join us, you’ll be accountable for
- Designing, implementing and updating policies and processes, where necessary, to ensure fully functioning, secure, compliant & operational global offices & business support practices.
- Continuous and pro-active management of the Business Support budget, including forecasting, expenditure & budget reconciliation in line with company OPEX targets.
- Ensuring business support processes are documented, understood, well entrenched and operational across Regional and Group functions.
- Leading and developing a team who are capable, motivated and engaged and who are continuously elevating and automating the team’s way of working.
- Appointing, managing, overseeing & relationship building with relevant contractors and suppliers
- Facilities management: managing serviced & un-serviced global offices in collaboration with Regional and Group teams.
- Oversight and management of the travel team
- Overall responsibility of office management (event management, supplier management, office administration, hosting & events) to ensure a productive and inspiring work environment.
- Implementation, co-ordination, execution, communication & reporting of Business Continuity initiatives
- Responsibility for & reporting of Business Support incidents within the Incident Management framework.
- Planning & implementation of operating standards and audits across health & safety, security and sustainability initiatives, relevant for each region.
- Managing physical security and travel security controls, protocols and processes across all JUMO regions.
- Continuously monitoring, evaluating and enhancing of all business support operations, including facilities management, health, safety and security, business travel and day to day office management, through regular reporting, audits and trend analysis as well as keeping abreast of global best practice and work place requirements for each country.
- Overseeing and managing ad hoc projects, including the planning and set up of new offices, space planning, ISO requirements etc.
What you’ll need
- Relevant qualification in Occupational health and safety and/or Health and Safety programme management
- Relevant qualification in or at least 5 years’ experience in Building and/or Facilities Management
- Experience with sustainability initiatives
- Experience with Business Continuity initiatives
- Broad knowledge of legislation related to OHS Act, Regulation, Policies, Procedures on Health and Safety and Security including knowledge of ISO 9001 (System, Audit), OHSAS 18000 (System, Audit) (Legal Certificate), ISO 14000 (System, Audit) (Legal Certificate), Disaster Management Act (DMA), SANS 10400 building regulations, procedures and practices.
- Knowledge and experience in Office Management.
- Strong track record of leadership of people across all levels
- Experience in dealing with senior stakeholders in a business.
- Financial planning and budgeting skills.
- Global knowledge and expertise.
- Supplier and contractor management.
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
Things you’ll love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring office space
- Working for impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate uncharted territory
- Solving stimulating challenges alongside international teams
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead