3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
Industrial and Safety Market Center (ISMC) Leader South Africa
3M South Africa has an opening for a strong leader to lead and manage the ISMC for the Region. The ISMC is a growth driver for the organization and requires engagement with our largest channels at a most senior level.
Core to this role is partnering with our key channels to understand and define strategies that will create growth by deploying tactics that leverage a full basket of products and solutions and managing the relationship for growth.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Efficiently managing assigned Channel partners in a geographic territory with focus on meeting and exceeding Channel sales objectives for all 3M divisions
- Executing the South Africa business strategy whilst assessing, influencing, modifying and improving the current channel strategy with a focus on the prioritized market segments and divisional portfolio as identified.
- Develop, guide and manage the ISMC Channel Business to the highest professional standards. Ensures optimal productivity through influencing the achievement of sales target, business development and entitlement. Ownership of Channel Strategy as a subset to the ISMC go to market strategy. Leads Joint Business Plans for growth. Ensuring execution and support from division to realize the opportunities identified.
- Engage with Distribution Marketing
- There is a strong emphasis in this role on influencing, managing, tracking and reporting on channel activity and achievements in line with ISMC strategy.
- Being the leader and go to person in terms of channel interactions and transferring understanding of the key priorities. Guides the ISMC internal team to successfully execute the divisional 3M strategies together with channel partners in the market place. This is done while ensuring profitable sales growth for both the channel and ISMC.
- Leads JBP process, manages complexity of leading both internal and external teams in order to achieve the goals and tactics which have been set forth.
- Strives to accomplish and drive a disciplined approach in the manner 3M interacts with the channel and in turn in which the channel interacts with 3M. Upholding the highest ethical standards and ensuring compliance in all interactions.
- Mentor, coach and train ISMC channel sales staff to achieve maximize channel penetration
- Develops strong and collaborative relationships across the ISMC divisions as well as with core functions in order to ensure that 3M is best represented by the mutual interests of the organization in the face of our channel for maximum growth
- Manages the change process and seeks collaboration with all stakeholders
- Minimum of 5 years sales Experience with proven results. Understand category management, motivational tools.
- University degree. Basic understanding of finance, logistics, operations and good business acumen
- Motivated to broaden career options. Motivated to set and exceed goals
- Ability to have tough conversations, develop and follow processes
- Responsible for creating a market penetration, strategic plan
- Work independently and directly with customers to create, drive and execute winning selling strategies.
- Passionate "Can Do" and "Will Do" Attitude.
- Manage complexity
- Channel Management
- Drive channel partner effectiveness
- Ability to negotiate
- Ability to influence
- Relationship building
- Implementation and execution of strategic plans
- Business Acumen
- Ability to deal with a diverse set of people
- Presentation skills
- Coaching capability
Travel: around 30-40% of working time
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.