We are looking to employ a dynamic, energetic Sales Manager to drive our Protective Sales team across South Africa to achieve our sales targets. The position reports directly to the General Manager and will be required to frequently travel between Cape Town,Johannesburg and Durban to support, motivate and drive the sales team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Define, develop and implement the Jotun Paints South Africa Protective strategy and deliver budgeted turnover and profitability targets.
- Manage the sales team to promote and sell a range of Protective products to new and existing customers by developing strong customer relationships, liaising with the client market and responding to sales and technical enquiries.
- Regularly monitor sales performance to ensure that defined budgeted turnover, GM and manageable cost targets are met or exceeded.
- Assist the sales team in building relationships through regular visits to existing and potential customers.
- Utilise tools such as CRM, ensuring all contacts, projects, proposals and correspondence are tracked and that data quality in maintained at a high level (>95%)
- Monitor competitor activity to understand their products, pricing policy, strengths and weaknesses and implement strategic plans to the growth and development of the protective segment.
- Sales & Marketing degree
- 4-6 years relevant experience in similar position
- Technical background / knowledge advantageous
- NACE Certificate advantageous
- Advanced PC Literacy skills
- Ability to lead and manager diverse teams
- Ability to communicate on all levels
- Good command of verbal and written English and Afrikaans language
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- Identify and seize commercial opportunities; have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- Focus on bottom-line results, identify potential risks and monitor the financial impact of own activities
- Make an impact; convince and persuade others; promote plans and ideas successfully
- Build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve objectives
- Provide team with a clear sense of direction, inspire and coordinate others and keeps them focused on objectives
- Understands the organization's informal rules and structures and utilizes political processes effectively to get things done
- International working environment
- Opportunities for professional development on and off the job
- Market related salaries
- Provident Fund & Medical Aid
Chemicals Glass, Ceramics & Concrete Civil Engineering
Sales Business Development Marketing
- Sales Performance
- Sales & Marketing
- Business Development
- Pricing Strategy
- Relationship Building
- Chemical Industry