At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Position Summary And Responsibilities
This position includes a regional Lead role for Southern Africa and within this region a Lead role for South Africa. In reach this position:
- serves as the focal point for IBM's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activity, applying and implementing IBM’s CSR strategy in the local environment to maximize the social and business impact
- supports and works with general managers and senior executives to develop locally relevant strategies and plans
- represents IBM in local and regional communities while building strong, quality relations with key stakeholders such as policy makers and key government representatives, business partners and providers, not-for-profit and educational institutions and existing and potential clients
- demonstrates a strong understanding of IBM brand image and corporate character when defining strategies, creating solutions to address social challenges, and implements them efficiently
- leverages IBM resources by aligning CSR strategies with IBM growth strategies
- enhances IBM's brand image through thought leadership in education, health, and Corporate Citizenship
- attracts media attention to IBM as a unique and innovative corporate citizen
- manages budget, expenses and business controls properly, and achieves planned targets and results
- collaborates with IBM CSR global team to demonstrate IBM is an exemplary corporate citizen.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- deep knowledge of CSR/public policy issues across Southern Africa and how business can engage and contribute to positive social impact in the areas of education and skills, health and community resilience
- strong networks within public policy and CSR communities across Southern Africa in particular in education and skills, and recognized as an expert amongst these communities
- knowledge of and relationships within the education and skills ecosystem will be particularly valued to support IBM’s New Collar and P-TECH which is a high priority.
- excellent communications and negotiation skills to achieve alignment amongst stakeholder and leverage CSR social outcomes for positive business outcomes, particularly brand and employee engagement
- ability to drive projects to achieve goals
- experience designing Corporate Citizenship/CSR programs and activities
- proficient in English
About Business Unit
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
Affirmative Action and/or EE candidates will be given first preference as per our employment equity strategies.
Information Technology & Services Computer Software Financial Services