Manages the supply chain functions of a region that typically consists of half a large division or an entire moderate division. Responsibilities may include managing various functional areas of the supply chain, managing teams to develop and implement changes, and serving as a liaison with other groups. The Supply Chain Manager II is distinguished from the Supply Chain Manager III by not managing the activities of a large division, working with less elements of the supply chain, and operating a supply chain that is not as complex.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises staff to include hiring, training, evaluating performance, providing compensation recommendations, and determining disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Manages or provides high level coordination of various supply chain functions, which generally includes several of the following areas in a large region or small division, such as: demand planning, scheduling, inventory management, distribution, and shipping, and receiving and may also include customer service, purchasing, and materials management.
- Manages operations across the group or division, which includes the negotiating vendor and material contracts, determining demand-planning concepts, implementing scheduling and inventory management programs, and outlining distribution channels.
- Manages teams to develop and implement new supply chain operations, integrate existing processes, and monitor on-going or updated operations.
- Assists with developing the supply chain plan for the division, which includes examining the existing supply chain, developing relationships, establishing metrics, and improving efficiency.
- Develops appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with supply chain management principles and practices and applicable laws, rules, and regulations; monitors compliance with these areas.
- Responds to questions and concerns from management regarding supply chain operations and results, performs research, and provides recommendations or opinions.
- Serves as a liaison with corporate or other departments to ensure the effective allocation of resources, maximize relationships, and discuss the objectives of corporate and division initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Relevant years of logistics, demand planning, or scheduling experience, including some years of experience within the supply chain.
Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management or Business Administration or equivalent education and experience.
- Supervising and evaluating employees;
- Applying broad supply chain management principles and practices;
- Applying comprehensive principles and practices with several areas of the supply chain;
- Implementing supply chain programs;
- Interpreting and applying department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- Analyzing and reviewing manufacturing and operational reports;
- Coordinating activities across multiple functions;
- Working with management;
- Serving as a liaison with other functional departments and groups;
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applicable applications;
- Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams are unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.
Chemicals Consumer Goods