We develop a range of products that are used by the world's largest voice/calling service providers. These market leading tools are paired with professional services which help our customers achieve the most from their cloud calling and collaboration solutions. We operate in a very dynamic industry and leverage the latest technologies to keep our software at the forefront of the market.
Detailed Job Description
- The majority of the Engineering team is based in Cape Town and is responsible for the design, development and go-to market of the various software products. We work in a very agile process using Kanban to manage the flow of work. We are faced with challenging problems on a regular basis, so problem solving skills are a must. We promote cross-skilling with the goal of building a team of multi-skill engineers. However, the main responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer is to implement and maintain an effective Continuous Integration (CI) infrastructure to enable Engineering to deliver high quality and on-time software. They are also responsible for the development and evolution of the platforms on which the software products are built and run.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Own the vision and effective implementation of the CI infrastructure.
- Responsible for the development and evolution of the platforms for all software products.
- Participating in an Agile development process as projects require.
- Collaborating with the team to continually improve the product and delivery processes.
- Quality focus throughout the delivery cycle.
- Enable (unblock) customers and service organisation teams by actively engaging on IM client channels (Skype, Webex Teams, Microsoft Teams etc.)
Technical Skills And Experience
- At least 3 years of experience with modern continuous integration and automated testing approaches.
- At least 4 years of experience using DevOps tools and implementing processes within a software development team.
- Linux admin and Bash scripting
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Cloud Computing
- REST API Integration
- Powershell scripting
- Keen problem solving ability
- Motivated, self-starter
- Fast learner
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work across technology stacks
Driving And Travel Requirements
- Must hold current valid driver's license and passport
- Must be able to travel from time to time
- You must have the legal right to work in South Africa
List Key Skills / Key Words
- Continuous Integration
- Docker / Kubernetes
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Information Technology & Services Computer Software Human Resources