- New business development and generating sales leads of hygiene equipment, products and services, food safety products and solutions, consumables as well as equipment ( Taski) sales within the BSC sector;
- Organize and manage the Key Account Relationships of specific strategic customers;
- Monitor and evaluate company performance in meeting customer needs in designated market segments;
- Forecast and anticipate the sale of products and forecast sales of specific product lines;
- Monitor market developments and sales opportunities for the sale of company product portfolios;
- Facilitate and coordinate efficient and effective quality standards within customer expectations;
- Maintain and develop customer / client relations and optimize product development and cross sell opportunities;
- Generate and manage sales plans, projects and activities to effective closure of sale;
- Devise and implement sales actions to direct and support company growth in and to ensure a healthy and active sales pipeline;
- Prepare quotations and presentations
- Regularly visit and maintain high levels of contact with key customers. Ensure that customer calls have proper call objectives and that call patterns and frequencies match the stated needs of the customer. Attain the required customer call rate, without overcalling;
- Grow the business and uncover realistic equipment potentials. Research potential leads and make telephonic contact. Identify and set up initial appointments with leads. Establish potential size of leads and accurately identify prospects needs. Ensure that prospect target levels in terms of stated targets are met: for current active prospects as well as number of new prospects for each calendar month as required in terms of sales targets;
- Ensure that adequate and correct information is obtained for purposes of quoting clients and prospects. Prepare quotes and prices and ensure that prices are delivered to decision makers at clients and prospects, as well as to Customer Services. Schedule quotations for follow up and track and follow quotes up to the point of closure;
- Assist prospective customers with the proper completion of credit account applications.
- Explain process to client and obtain all required company documentation. Submit applications to credit control and follow credit applications through to completion. Advise credit department of possible credit risks. Advise client of outcome of credit application and assist client with placement of original order. Follow through to successful sales order.
- Actively manage annual shut down planning. Ensure that customers are aware of annual Christmas shutdown. Work closely with customer and Customer Services to ensure timeous order placing and planning;
- Facilitate and follow up with Quality Control / Technical any customer queries or complaints;
- Maintain all customer–related information in a manner which would enable retrieval of information by any authorized, interested party;
- Attain sales targets across product line on monthly and year to date sales projection. Plan and proactively establish sales activities and targets in advance and ensure that sales activities support sales targets and sales budgets.
- Ensure that sales are sustainable and will achieve volume growth and that alternative options are generated to sustain sales order growth.
- Ensure that an annual business or sales territory plan is developed at inception of financial year and that plan is submitted to management for approval;
- Bring sales call to effective closure and prepare sales calls well in advance. Successfully apply the sales tools and methodologies and apply learning.
- Promote benefits of products and evolve sales methodology. Practice sales techniques and able to properly manage cold calls.
Information Technology & Services Consumer Goods Financial Services
Sales Business Development