The role requires both broad and deep technology and information security industry knowledge, with the ability to architect solutions by mapping customer business and security problems to Microsoft Cybersecurity & Identity solutions. Demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to agility, business value and end to end information technology security is a must.
The Security Solution Architect needs to be able to lead teams across Microsoft Services. They will manage, lead and engage the complete lifecycle for large Security/Cybersecurity projects. Security Solution Architects must have a passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
The Security Solution Architect needs to apply advanced analysis skills and experience in principals of solutions design to define appropriate customer solution, scope the effort and provide technical leadership in sales pursuits. To be credible he or she must have current and deep experience across the Microsoft suite of security technologies and solutions. Strong leadership and the ability to professionally represent Microsoft in challenging environments are required. The Security Solutions Architects are expected to become the Cybersecurity subject matter expert for their assigned geography.
A Successful Candidate Will Possess The Following Skills
Expert level knowledge and real-world experience in Enterprise Security is required. This role also requires assisting customers in architecting, planning and applying governance for Microsoft Security Solutions as appropriate.
- Professional services Pre-Sales Process knowledge.
- Technical and architectural knowledge of Azure, Microsoft Windows, Client and Server.
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft security and identity technologies, such as Azure AD, Cloud Detection solutions, Active Directory, ADFS, VPN, PKI, Information Protection and IPsec.
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity and Advanced Persistent Threat (APT).
- Knowledge of Security Assessments and Reviews.
- Knowledge of security, threat modeling, incident response and recovery techniques.
- Knowledge of Hybrid Cloud and Cloud Workload Security configurations and practices.
- Ability to design, create and deliver to solution frameworks.
- Knowledge of Security Standards, policies and Governance frameworks.
- Experience in Pre-sales and Delivery Consulting.
- Experience giving presentations to executive audiences and explaining the benefits of the Microsoft security platform.
- Knowledge of competitive security technologies.
- Ability to lead and motivate technical communities.
The Security Solution Architect needs to help customer account teams identify, pursue and close strategic opportunities while continually driving add-on business within existing projects. To accomplish this, Architects must be effective in fostering executive and technical level relationships. Security Solutions Architects help translate business and security requirements into technology requirements for the complete lifecycle of the cybersecurity project. In some cases, Security Solutions Architects will also assist in contract negotiations and proposal development.
The Security Solutions Architect must have proven experience managing projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high customer satisfaction. The role requires an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management.
The successful candidate will have a BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience combined with a minimum of 5-10 years relevant industry experience providing security solution architecture and consulting.
Travel is an integral part of this position as are high levels of recognition and visibility. Travel can be as high as 60% as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. The position location will be based on the specific roles geographic or territory focus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.