Our client is a well established global shipping Line with offices worldwide and provides weekly services from Asia to Europe and return. They are currently looking for an Export shipping clerk to work in their East London office dealing with export rates.
Purpose Of The Role
To produce and enter the export bookings rates into the system for all ocean export trade lanes from the UK worldwide.
Duties Will Include
- Rating of export bookings in the system for all deep sea trades served from the UK
- Filing of rates in the global system and performing quality checks to ensure data is correct
- Signing off pro forma invoices as correct prior to issuing to customer.
- Updating Basic export tariff rates as well as Customer specific rates in the Quotation tool system
- Checking system for any charge data mismatch and action as appropriate
- Dealing with any customer charge disputes
To be successful for the role you will need to be hard working and self motivated and able to work within a fast paced team environment. You will have had some exposure to the shipping and logistics sector, ideally working experience within ocean container freight.
You will also have good IT skills and a good eye for detail.
The hours of work are 9/5.30 Monday to Friday.
Salary up to 20,000
- Ocean Freight
Logistics & Supply Chain Staffing & Recruiting Transportation/Trucking/Railroad