ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop strategic alliances with leading luxury travel agencies and MICE with significant revenue potential for World Hotels and soliciting those accounts to increase revenues for the company to meet overall account revenue objectives of the BWH Group booking channels.
- Work closely with Travel Management Companies to obtain maximum exposure and opportunities from these preferred partnerships.
- Drive qualified and quantifiable revenue through World Hotels channels: GDS, VIP desk, online and Worldwide Sales offices.
- Maintain and build a comprehensive database of key clients in significant markets within Africa.
- Mix of office-based account management along with regular visits to key travel agencies within the region.
- Represent BWH Hotel Group at various events, including sales blitzes, PR events, conferences, and FAM trips to increase brand awareness and revenue.
- Assist in BWH Hotel Group sales blitzes, sales events and showcases.
- Build, maintain and nurture relationships with existing and new member hotels, providing them with sales guidance and support, when required.
- Work closely with other BWH EMEA PDR Sales team with sales strategies to increase brand awareness and reservations revenue.
- Attend major industry tradeshows and hotel investment events to strengthen the BWH brand.
- Support the BWH brand culture for group, corporate and leisure travel.
- Provide input into strategic sales plans to achieve BWH Hotel Group objectives for products and services.
- Will provide accurate and timely reporting of results.
- Actively anticipate and identify market needs and recommend relevant opportunities to ensure BWH Hotel Group hotels provide a competitive product.
- To take responsibility for setting own schedule to maintain the above-mentioned relationships.
- Utilise CRM to manage all tasks (incl. leads, appointments and communications).
- Submit required reports (incl. timesheets, expenses etc) as per the required deadlines.
- Participate in team tele conference calls to share best practices, market feedback and relevant input.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in sales, preferable with a internationally branded property or at brand level
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with attention to detail
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Team player with ability to work independently to get the job done
- Can-do attitude
- Highly organised, with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Interest in travel and tourism industry
- As per company targets (please refer to annual KPIs) as they relate to room night production, hotelier satisfaction as well as BWH Hotel Group KPI’s.
Hospitality Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Sales Customer Service Project Management
- Written Communication
- Hospitality Management
- Sales Process
- Sales Presentations
- Strategic Sales
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Presentation Skills
- Trade Shows