- 10+ years’ experience in Project Management
- 5+ years’ experience in Programme Management for major transversal change Programmes
- Core degree in an appropriate discipline from a recognized institution
- Tertiary management qualification
- Member of an appropriate professional institution
- PMP / Prince II Practitioner Certification essential
- MSP highly desirable
- Superior process management
- Attention to detail
- Sufficient financial knowledge to understand business cases and consequences on P&L, balance sheet and cash flow
- Strong communication skills, sensitivity and change management awareness
- Understanding of technical project requirements is essential
- Experience as a Scrum Master applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory is essential
Main responsibility is to work with the Chief Transformation & Strategy Officer and Enterprise Program Management Office to plan & execute the program.
- Plan, Define, Monitor and Execute programs
- Understand and articulate the program sponsor's strategic direction
- Define the program governance and controls with the Chief Transformation & Strategy Officer
- Strict Governance controls need to be adhered to
- Define and confirm the program scope with relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate across organization / streams
- Conduct program planning, give input into and integrate project plans and monitor program progress against plan
- Manage team and financial resources assigned to individual initiative
- Report program progress (with recommendations for Risk Management and Issue Resolution)
- Co-ordinate change management to support successful execution of the program
- Manage and resolve risks and issues
- Co-ordinate program integration points and interdependencies
- Recommend on project/program launch readiness
- Manage Stakeholder engagement and communication
- Validate deliverables (outputs) to quality standards and the program’s outcome with relevant stakeholders
- Oversee program reviews after each program launch, and feedback of lessons learned to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure program & project risks are identified and mitigation plans are put in place
- Facilitation of Go to Market plans across multiple channels
- Reporting to CTSO & EPMO as and when required.
- Enforce strict program and project governance in alignment and adhere to the MTN EPMO BRIGHT Delivery Methodology (BDM) governance framework on all programs.
- Governance reviews to be implemented as part of program meetings as the program progresses through the project gate stages (Decide).
- Program Governance to be communicated & ratified by Portfolio Governance Committee (Inform).
- The customer experience and journeys are properly defined and signed off.
- Legal, Regulatory & Revenue Assurance approval.
- Ensure all approved Business Impact Assessments and / or Business cases key artefacts exists.
- Post implementation reviews to be implemented initiatives on the Programs.
- Legal, Regulatory and Revenue Assurance risks are mitigated and signed off throughout the Gates – this includes Privacy assessments and Products & Promo ICASA lodgement or any other legal risks.
- No program should be approved without a financial or other benefits assessment.
- Programs don’t go live without User Acceptance Testing, Legal & Regulatory sign off, CAB Approval and a formal project Go-live program decision from PSCom +.
- Programs will be subject to monthly audits.
Project Management Consulting
- Risk Management
- Process Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Team Management
- Change Management
- Project Management