Allan Gray is looking for talented developers who are willing to help us integrate our world class and diverse systems together in helping to solve vital problems and provide cutting-edge features to the business.
We have adopted a Microservices architecture with RESTful API’s predominantly written in Scala, with some built in Go. Our Microservices are built and deployed on an elastic containerized infrastructure supported and managed on premises through Kubernetes.
This opportunity allows you not just to develop solutions that allow us to build better software, but also form part of a DevOps team where you will get to explore all aspects of web application architecture, solution design, scaling and testing.
At Allan Gray, we are constantly looking for better ways of doing things, so if you can bring a willingness and excitement to find innovative solutions in a performance-driven environment that will allow you to play with the latest and great technologies, then we may just be perfect for you.
- Analyse and design new features
- Write elegant robust code
- Write unit, integration and acceptance tests for all components
- Write build and deployment automation scripts
- Improve and optimize the performance of existing systems
- Troubleshoot and root-cause errors
- Mentor other developers
- Deliver features timeously
- Proficiency in modern microservices programming language such as Go, Scala, Java or Python.
- Proficiency in a database technology such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL and Object-relational mapping
- Since we are a multi-technology environment, knowledge of computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms are a necessity
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes and testing
- Strong software design skills
- Experience in distributed computing and building enterprise-wide systems
- At least 3 years’ worth of professional development experience
- Proficiency in message queueing technology such as RabbitMQ
- Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices knowledge/experience
- Functional programming knowledge
Key attributes & competencies
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types and deal with conflict in an effective way
- Ability to work individually and with teams within an Agile context
- Experience in influencing best practices within teams
Tertiary Qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related technical discipline
Closing Date: 19 December 2019
Financial Services Information Technology & Services Computer Software
How you match
Criteria provided by job poster
- Interpersonal Communication
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Data Structures
- Software Development
- Software Engineering Practices
- Interpersonal Skills