Field Service Technician in Johannesburg, South Africa
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
The Mechanical Field ServiceTechnician troubleshoots and repairs Flowserve’s pumps and equipment for ourcustomers in industries such as oil and gas, chemical, nuclear, coal, and wastewater industries. This position requires an experienced technician who canprovide confident expertise in the face of operational problems. The FieldService Technician will repair and install equipment, oversee start-up, conductmaintenance, and monitor the performance of products at our customers’locations. While the technician may be the only Flowserve representative onsite, they can call upon the resources of Flowserve’s Field Service Team toensure that our products are operating at peak performance. Flowserve counts onthe Field Service Technician to be an indispensable resource to our customers,creating a lasting competitive advantage for our products and services. Theposition is on-the road most of the time, and is organizationally based in theglobal Quick Response Centre (QRC) network.
- Visit customer sites, both on and offshore,to deliver installation and general service related tasks on OEM equipment, inline with Flowserve established processes.
- Assessmechanical problems and take actions to resolve promptly ·
- Strip,inspect, report, repair and assemble pumping equipment on customer sites and inapproved Flowserve workshops.
- Performon site repairs to multi stage pumps.
- Installation and commissioning of new,upgraded and repaired singleand multi-stage OEM equipment.
- Ensurethat equipment is installed successfully and on schedule.
- Workside-by-side with our customer’s personnel, and lead work crews as required.
- Monitorthe maintenance and performance of Flowserve equipment.
- Traincustomers in the proper procedures for operating and maintaining Flowserveproducts.
- Provide comprehensive, written, dailyactivity reports.
- Beprepared for regular travel and away from home working ( travel in South Africa mostly but also according to demands, Congo, Angola, Madagascar...)
- Qualified in a mechanical engineering discipline, have good fitting and mechanical skills and be familiar with the alignment of complex pumping packages.
- Have a good knowledge of pumps of all kinds, together with knowledge of mechanical seals, piping systems and other pump related equipment.
- Experience in the installation and servicing of large pumping and ancillary equipment.
- Preferably have experience working in offshore or overseas environments.
- Experience working within the power, water and petrochemical environments .
- Be capable of working on your own initiative with the minimum of supervision.
- You must hold a current driving license, be prepared to travel at short notice, work hours outside of your contracted hours when the need arises and be prepared to work away from your home base, overseas and offshore, for periods of time.
- Excellentability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings, and schematics.
- Ableto remain calm and even-tempered in the face of challenges, demands, anddeadlines.
- Mustbe good at solving problems with other people.
- Ableto explain mechanical problems, and articulate the thinking behindrecommendations.
- Job Posting/Business Card Title: Field Service Technician
- Primary Posting Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 80%
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Country: South Africa
Auto req ID: 48420BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.